- This event has passed.
Accident/Incident Response Preparedness (AIP 18-1)
October 9, 2017 @ 8:00 am - October 11, 2017 @ 5:00 pm$1500
This course is designed for individuals who are involved in either preparing for an accident or responding to one as a representative of their organization. It is based on the premise that accidents are relatively rare events and organizations may have little experience in dealing with them. While the situation is usually complex, challenging, and stressful, the impact on individuals or an organization can be reduced by preparation and developing an effective response plan.
To provide information on the effective preparation for an accident including organizational policy and planning. To provide organizational representatives with the knowledge and skills to function effectively during post-accident activities and situations. To provide the attendee with the knowledge required to write an effective company response plan.
Who Should Attend
Management and safety personnel involved in planning, response or recovery from accident/incident situations.
- Communications and Media Planning
- Communication Reality and Strategy Development
- Aviation and Crisis Communication Principles
- Message Development and Responding on Aviation Issues
- Getting It Right and Getting It Wrong — Lessons Learned
- Interview Guidelines
- Parties to an Investigation and Their Communication Styles
- The International Element and Differences in Cultural Styles of Communication
- Family and Victim Assistance in Aviation Accidents
- Family Assistance Plans: Requirements and Standards
- Understanding the Three Phases of Family Assistance:
- Initial Response
- Site Operations
- Long Term Considerations
- Preparing and Implementing a Family Assistance Plan
- Practical Skills for Working with Families
- Accident / Incident Response Plan Development
- The Challenge of Planning for and Responding to Aviation Accidents
- Response Planning Benefits and Problems
- Air Carrier / Aircraft Operator Planning Process
- Response Plan Development – Putting It All Together
- Other Aviation Related Response Plans
- Effectively Interacting with Government Investigations
Course Duration: 3.0 Days
Published on July 31st, 2017
Last updated on August 1st, 2017