- This event has passed.
Accident/Incident Response Preparedness (AIP 20-2)
February 24, 2020 @ 8:00 am - February 27, 2020 @ 4:00 pm$2125
This course is designed for individuals who are involved in either preparing for an accident or responding to one as a representative of their organization. It is based on the premise that accidents are relatively rare events and organizations may have little experience in dealing with them. While the situation is usually complex, challenging, and stressful, the impact on individuals or an organization can be reduced by preparation and developing an effective response plan.
This updated course has been extended to four full days to integrate communications in the digital age.
To provide information on the effective preparation for an accident including organizational policy and planning. To provide organizational representatives with the knowledge and skills to function effectively during post-accident activities and situations. To provide the attendee with the knowledge required to write an effective company response plan.
Who Should Attend
Management and safety personnel involved in planning, response or recovery from accident/incident situations.
- Accident / Incident Response Plan Development
- The Investigation Process
- Air Carrier / Aircraft Operator Planning Process
- Effectively Interacting with Government Investigations
- Informal Communications Discipline
- Databases and Document Retention
- Emergency Response Planning
- Aviation Disaster Victim and Family Assistance
- Fundamental Needs of Families and Survivors
- Requirements, Standards, and Best Practices
- Roles and Responsibilities: Operators, Stakeholders, and Partner Organizations
- Response Phases and Milestones
- Practical Skills for Working with Families and Survivors
- Responder and Organizational Resilience
- Resources for Plan Development, Training and Exercises
- Effective Practical Communication Techniques
- Understanding the Media’s Needs
- Dealing with Digital and Social Media
- Preparing for Litigation
- Understanding Administrative, Civil and Criminal Actions
- Identifying How Organizations Can Become Involved in Litigation
- Identifying Evidence and Developing an Evidence Preservation Plan
- Reducing Exposure of the Organization and Personnel
- Working with Counsel, Experts, and Insurance Carriers
Course Duration: 4.0 Days
Published on March 22nd, 2019
Last updated on January 6th, 2020