- This event has passed.
Incident Investigation/Analysis (IIA 18-1)
October 16, 2017 @ 8:00 am - October 19, 2017 @ 12:00 pm$1750
This course is designed for managers and supervisors who may be required to investigate, implement or review safety findings and recommendations resulting from aviation incidents. The course presents the principles of Management, Investigation and Analysis. It will explain how incidents are discovered, investigated, and reported in writing. The student will learn the techniques of data collection and analysis.
There is considerable overlap with the AAI, MAINT and ASMS courses. It is not recommended that students who attend these courses attend the IIA presentation.
To provide concepts and practical knowledge to be used in incident investigation and trend analysis programs.
Who Should Attend
Supervisors who will investigate incidents, part time safety advisors, Quality Assurance, and ATC supervisors. This a good course for personnel responsible for the data analysis program.
- Basis for Incident Investigation
- Reporting Criteria
- Reporting Methods
- Investigation Techniques
- Analysis, Root Cause Analysis Techniques,
- Safety Risk Management
- The Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Process
- An Overview of Data Programs (FOQA)
- Report Writing
- Safety Management System Integration Concepts
- Organizational Management, Accountability and Responsibilities
- Case Studies
- Review of Incident Reports
- Development of Incident Investigation Protocol
- Aircraft Accident Investigation Lab Exercise
Course Duration: 3.5 Days
Published on July 31st, 2017
Last updated on November 16th, 2018