- This event has passed.
Safety Performance Indicators (SPI 22-1) **ONLINE or IN-PERSON**
October 7, 2021 @ 8:00 am - October 8, 2021 @ 4:00 pm$1225
Safety Performance Indicators (SPI’s) are essential to the safe operation of any aviation activity. They are analogous to the instruments that pilots need to safely fly an aircraft. This course teaches how SPI’s are developed, monitored, analyzed and modified in order for an organization to correctly know its safety performance. SPI’s are an essential part of any SMS. They form the heart of the Assurance component of SMS. They allow an organization to know their safety performance in the past, the current day and project into the future. SPI’s allow an organization to monitor and measure safety performance in order to manage it. The course utilizes guidance provided in ICAO Annex 19 and the ICAO Safety Management Manual Doc. 9859.
To provide the skills to develop, adopt and analyze Safety Performance Indicators in the Safety Management System of an aviation operator.
Who Should Attend
Any individual involved in the safety program and specifically the SMS of an aviation operation. This includes military, airline, corporate aviation and other public use entities.
- Role of SPI’s in a SMS
- ICAO Annex 19 and Safety Management Manual Doc 9859
- Where is the data derived to build SPI’s
- How to develop and maintain SPI’s
- The characteristics of a good SPI
- Difficulties of choosing too few SPI’s or too many
- Judging the accuracy of your SPI trends
- How to present SPI’s to management and other portions of the organization
- Practical exercise: Develop SPI’s for your organization
Course Duration: 2.0 Days
Published on March 5th, 2021
Last updated on June 29th, 2021