- This event has passed.
Safety Risk Management and Safety Management Systems for Airport Managers (SRM-SMS 18-1)
June 6, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 8, 2018 @ 4:00 pm$1500
This course is designed for airport supervisors and managers as well as businesses that are involved in airport construction and construction management. The FAA requires that the Safety Risk Management process and the Construction Safety Phasing Plan processes be integrated into most significant airport construction projects. SRM is the heart of an airport’s Safety Management System. How to conduct an SRM and CSPP and how these fit into a SMS is the core objective of the course.
To provide students with the ability to conduct, participate in or oversee an SRM and/or CSPP process. To provide students with an understanding of how SRM and CSPP perform vital functions within an airport SMS.
Who Should Attend
Airport supervisors and managers as well construction and engineering personnel who have the responsibility to conduct, participate in, or oversee an SRM, CSPP or SMS.
- The Standard – ICAO SMS
- Annex 19 Annex 14 ICAO Safety Management
- The Framework
- ICAO + FAA
- NPRM FAA 2010-0997 (Proposed rule Part 139)
- 14 CFR 5
- Types of Requirements
- Laws, Standards, Regulations, Approved Programs, Advisory Circulars,
- Orders, Notices, SAFOs, Emergency Amendments
- FAA Directives (all LOBs) on SMS and SRM
- Airport Pilot Studies
- ACRP Synthesis 37 – Lessons Learned
- Airport Specific Guidance on SMS, SRM
- AC 150/5200 – 37
- FAA Order 5200.11 (change 3)
- AC 150/5370 – 2, Implementing CSPP
- FAA JO 7400.2
Course Duration: 3.0 Days
Published on April 20th, 2018
Last updated on August 21st, 2019