- This event has passed.
SeMS Aviation Security Management Systems (AVSEC 19-2)
May 13, 2019 @ 8:00 am - May 17, 2019 @ 12:00 pm$2500
This course is designed for individuals responsible for managing and implementing aviation security measures at medium to small size aircraft operators, all airports and Indirect Air Carriers (IAC’s). The course applies the fundamentals of SMS (hazard identification, risk assessment and mitigation of risk) to the field of aviation security. It demonstrates how to conduct a risk-based security program that builds upon national and international standards and requirements. The course presents the PRIFISE operational risk assessment tool as a framework for meeting emerging security threats. As cyber security has become a mroe important issue, this course has been extended to include a half-day on cyber security.
Note: This is a non-SSI course.
To provide individuals with the knowledge and skills to develop a SeMS based aviation security management system that is compliant with Federal requirements, International Standards and reflective of organizational needs.
Who Should Attend
Individuals responsible for implementation of aviation security requirements in medium to small size aircraft operators, all airports and Indirect Air carriers. This course would also be of interest to those individuals and managers who are seeking to apply a systems management approach to aviation security within their particular areas of jurisdiction. Individuals involved in the design and integration of security measures into airport environments would find benefit in this course. This course would be beneficial to government agencies responsible for aviation security.
- Primary Lessons of Aviation Security
- Evolution of the Threat
- Evolution of the Response
- Development of Countermeasures
- Legal Programs as Countermeasures
- U.S. Regulations
- Principles of Aviation Security Management Systems
- Positive Leadership Culture
- Data-based Decision Making
- Shared Framework with SMS
- Audits and Inspections
- Internal Audits
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Synergy with ICAO and National Requirements and Inspections
- Practical Applications
- PRIFISE operational risk assessment tool
- Non-regulatory Security Practices that Make Sense and Diminish Risk
- Operating in Unfamiliar Environments
- Security Technologies
- Cost Benefit
- Emerging Technologies
- Cyber Security
- Threats to Aircraft
- Threats to Airport
- Case Studies and Practical Exercise
- Audit of Aviation Entity
- Application of SMS Principles
Published on April 20th, 2018
Last updated on June 13th, 2018