- This event has passed.
Threat and Error Management (TEM 21-2)
March 15, 2021 @ 8:00 am - March 17, 2021 @ 12:00 pm$1375
and Error Management (TEM) is being implemented by operators throughout the world. This course is designed to train those who wish to develop a TEM program within their own organizations. Taught by a leader in TEM development, this course provides an applied, practical approach to explaining TEM principles. Attendees will gain sufficient knowledge to implement a TEM program.
The course begins with an introduction to “threats,” which are conditions that increase operational complexity and if not handled properly, can decrease safety margins. Flight operations examples include black hole non-precision approaches, white out conditions and low light conditions, icing, improper use of automation, weather, terrain, mechanical malfunctions and distractions. Maintenance examples are fatigue, poor lighting, unclear work directives, time pressures and uncompleted work that is handed over to another shift. Examples pertaining to cabin crew members are cabin fires — both hidden and overt, command interruptions, disruptive passengers, rushing and malfunctioning cabin equipment.
To provide class participants with sufficient knowledge to develop a TEM program within their respective organizations. To provide participants with the knowledge to effectively add TEM to an organization’s Safety Management System.
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed to appeal to those who are responsible for developing a Threat and Error Management program and/or a Line Operation Safety Audit program within their organization. It will also provide a detailed understanding of TEM to those who wish to improve their professional skills through greater knowledge of TEM and LOSA.
- Introduction to Threats and Errors
- Threats and Threat Recognition
- Error Avoidance and Trapping
- LOSA and the expected training Benefits
- Personnel Performance during a LOSA
- ABCD’s of Threat and Error Management
- Assessing Threats and Acknowledging Errors
- Barriers to Error and How to Effectively Build Them
- Communications and its Relationship to Threat and Error Management
- Distraction and Interruption Management
- SOPs and Their Role in Threat and Error Management
- Sensibility Check and Ensuring Situational Awareness
- Case Studies and Class Exercises
- TEM/LOSA Applied to All Divisions within an Organization
- TEM Toolkit for Incident and Accident Analysis
- TEM Applied to Automated Aircraft
- TEM as an Integral Part of a Safety Management System (SMS)
Published on March 26th, 2020
Last updated on April 9th, 2020